Tuesday, August 05, 2014

it's possible to get out of a speeding ticket by challenging it in court, cops don't show up very often

I challenged one ticket in Massachusetts and the officer that issued the ticket didn't show up, they sent another officer who was not the one issuing the ticket. I argued that there was no one there that was an actual witness to the crime. The judge explained that this officer was filling in and reading the report that was filled. I explained that the report isn't evidence. It's one side of the story and I'm innocent until proven guilty. No witnesses, no proof. So I denied all of the charges. The judge made some comment about trusting the word of the officers over mine. I respectfully told him that he is required to be unbiased and render judgment based solely on the evidence and he just revealed that he is, by default, biased in favor of the officers. I continued to maintain my innocence and also said that I am within my rights to face my accuser in a court of law. And I don't see my accuser here. Only someone reading what the accuser wrote. After about 15 minutes of this the judge looked irritated with me but acknowledged that I was correct and dismissed the charges.

found on http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ex-police-sergent-tells-fight-speeding-fines/#TAIXwxyEzVorsSPj.16

3 comments:

  1. Two questions to ask yourself:

    1. How many times have I sped, drifted through a stop sign, or otherwise violated a traffic law, and not been ticketed?

    2. Why do I feel I should not be held responsible for my actions?

    If you are an honest person who puts a priority on integrity, the answers to these question will truly indicate the kind of person you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't ask myself stupid questions. This isn't that kind of blog. Nor are the cops that kind of universal karma averager of right and wrongs. They simply are too lazy to do their jobs well, to corrupt to do their jobs with integrity, and I've posted a great number of both examples, from news reports, and you may absolve those as ridiculous, isolated, unrelated events... but not with integrity (to use your words) as the massive amounts of stories of police brutality, corruption, and negligence news stories and convictions trumps your example of belly button ponderings of unticketed speeding, stop sigh drifts, and traffic law violations, which exist soley to increase govt funding from ticket fines. No victim, no crime. Controlling your vehicle safely beyond the posted speed limit deemed logical by engineers due to potential pedestrian traffic has no relevance to committing a crime. You seem to be a reader of my blog by using this comment function, therefore I assume you are not ignorant of the posts I've put here for your entertainment, and more rarely, education. Therefore I must assume you have gathered that I'm not of the same opinion as you. And that's what makes your 2nd question offensive. Responsibility for my actions? I post, you read, and then react with a comment accusing me. Not cool dude.

      Delete
    2. http://www.socialnewsdesk.com/loader.aspx?p=4015228&pg=f669f287-4379-4bf6-a5ea-c2fccc8f6196&sn=5279

      Delete